Blogger Templates

Friday 14 September 2012

Nail Wraps

Hey there,
I bet most of you have seen or tried out nail wraps. When I first started seeing them in shops I thought they would be fiddly and only nail experts would be able to put them on, but after seeing some cheapish ones in Asda, I thought I'd give it a go. 
First off, I tried some leopard print ones on my extremely short natural nails (I just had my acrylics taken off and they were in bad condition). I was surprised how easy they were to apply! Just line it up on your cuticle, smooth over the nail and file off the edges! Easy! I put a quick Sally Hansen top coat on and these lasted over two weeks, I ended up peeling them off myself.
I then got more acrylics done... I never learn ;) These watermelon wraps were also from Asda, and I loved them! However, on acrylic nails they didn't seem to stick to the nail as good as the other ones, they seemed more flimsy. I caught one with a nail during application and it tore off. However once I put a top coat on they were fine. I got so many compliments on these and they were perfect for summer!
And finally, some from from Savers, a discount beauty/chemist type shop. Excuse the heavily edited photo from Instagram, but I hate feet, including my own, and wanted to disguise them as much as possible whilst showing off the wrap. These were only a pound, and a lot thicker than the other ones, which is why they went on my toes. These lasted ages, again with a top coat but I don't think it's necessarily needed. These looked great with sandals and every time I spotted them it made me smile. :)

I love the fact you can have a fashionable or funky pattern straight on your nails with no fuss and minimal effort! They look neat and stay on for ages (well the brands I used) and can really pull a look together! I'm now hunting down some for Autumn/Winter. 

Have you used nail wraps? Got any recommendations or opinions, please share with me!

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment